Meat Share Program
Penokean Hills Farms is now offering a local CSA (Community Shared Agriculture) Meat Share Program! The goal of this program is to connect our local Algoma Penokean Hills Farms beef farmers directly to consumers by providing a fresh box of premium beef each and every month.
The program is simple. Interested and hungry consumers will sign up and pay a deposit to receive a box of beef each month for a total of 6 months. A premium side of Penokean Hills Farms Pea Barley finished beef will be then be cut, vac-packed and divided equally amongst a group of 15 consumers. The shares can then be picked up and paid for at the Mill Market in Sault Ste. Marie or the Abattoir in Bruce Mines. Your deposit will be used as payment on your last order.
1 share of beef is essentially 1/15th of a side of beef and will be approx. 15-18lbs of beef. Each share may vary in the cuts of beef you receive and overall weight, but we will guarantee good and equal retail value amongst the shares. Because of the makeup of a side of beef, we do not allow for customization of your share(s). However we will guarantee:
- 5lbs of Ground Beef
- 2lbs of Penokean Holy Cow Hamburger Patties
- 40% of the Package will be a mix of Primary and Secondary Steaks
- 20% of the Package will be a mix of Primary and Secondary Roasts
- From time to time you will also receive value added products such as beef bacon or pepperettes!
There are a lot of great benefits in taking part of this CSA program:
1. You are able to support our over 12 hard-working family run farms right here in Algoma
2. You are supporting local feed producers and employment at the Abattoir in Bruce Mines.
3. By sharing and committing to product, you are able to receive a box of premium local beef at a lower than retail value rate each month
4. You will receive some specialty types of beef not easily accessible to which you can learn about and experiment with. A foodie's dream! (Fun Fact: Not all cuts are used for the same purpose or have the same flavour profile!)
5. All the meat meets Penokean Hills Farms quality standards:
- No Added Hormones of Antibiotics
- GMO Free
- Gluten Free
- Soy Free
- Its All-Natural
- All animals are provided with an exceptional stress-free and healthy lifestyle
- A high level of environmental sustainability practices by our local farmers
- Great Taste and Tenderness
To sign up for a meat share or two, please click this link. For any questions you can email email@example.com or call Nick at (705) 971-6328.